I can't recall everything that's happened for the past 1.5 years since the previous post. It has been productive for sure and we're still pretty much on track to depart Portland next spring for some long-term cruising. Starting to look like we might head up to Alaska for a season.
A few of the big happenings I can recall off the top of my head:
- Had another baby in March, Morgan Ann Powning
- Installed composting toilet in forward head
- Replaced the cockpit enclosure
- Installed refrigeration including a real freezer!
- Started installation of hydronic heating system (about 2/3 complete)
- Replaced water heater which had started leaking
- Lots and lots of smaller maintenance and modification jobs
I'm still working full time doing software development, teaching occasional keelboat sailing classes and did a few yacht deliveries up and down the coast stretching from Cambell River on Vancouver Island to San Diego, CA. Even got to compete in the Oregon Offshore race which was something that's been on my to-do list every since I learned of it 4 or 5 years ago.
Anywho, all is well. Hopefully I'll manage to get an update for this week posted tonight.